If you already have all the info and you're ready to work with me >>>
If you want to learn more about how I can help you, read on...
Are You Ready To Change Your Life?
The problem I hear from so many people, struggling to get over divorce, is that they are stuck.
I understand because I've been there too:
- You are waiting for time to heal but as the months go by, you're getting frustrated that you still aren't feeling any happier.
- You spend too much time overthinking and ruminating over your break-up or your ex, and you don't know how to move forward.
- You can't let go of anger or resentment around your divorce, and it doesn't feel like you ever will.
- The thought of starting over feels terrifying.
- You hear great advice on what to do to feel better, but it doesn't seem to work.
- You try to be positive, you want to feel happy but you don't know how. It doesn't seem possible to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
- If you ever do feel optimistic, it's often either fleeting or linked to something external, which can temporarily take your mind off your situation.
Imagine, if instead of being in this painful negative emotional loop, you were:
- Spending more time thinking about yourself and your needs, and less time feeling hurt or angry.
- Feeling in control of your life, instead of powerless and afraid of uncertainty.
- Becoming clearer about the direction of your future.
- Experiencing a greater sense of confidence and self-belief.
- Finding yourself calmer and less emotionally triggered if you have to remain in contact with your ex.
- Entertaining the possibility of new, exciting opportunities in your life.
- Noticing a sense of meaning, hope and positivity return to your life.
- Feeling a sense of lasting change instead of fleeting happy times.
Perhaps this doesn't seem possible for you right now, and that's not surprising. With support you will come to realise that:
When you change the way you think about your divorce,
you'll change the way you feel about your divorce.
The Moving On Mindset is all about taking the steps to get out of that stuck emotional place and to realise the opportunity in your loss.
Of course, our painful stories need to be felt and heard, and when you work with me you will receive that opportunity. One of my strengths is my counselling background which provides the empathy and warmth required for you to share your difficult emotions.
However, staying in that place of expressing grief will not move you forward - the main focus of our work will be change!
As a therapist, I have found my clients get their best results from me gently challenging them to see issues in a new way. When their perspective shifts, it opens up a new way of feeling about a situation!
What Is The Moving On Mindset And How Will It Help Me?
It's a 6-week coaching package which helps you transform the way you feel about your break-up or divorce by:
∼ Exploring and identifying the main issues holding you back from moving on
∼ Giving you an opportunity to express and let go of any stuck emotions
∼ Working on your self belief and self-love to make YOU the priority in your own life
∼ Shifting your perspective on what happened so that you can find the opportunities in your loss
∼ Creating a vision of your future life and setting goals to start you moving towards it
One of the biggest benefits of the programme is that you will gain valuable personal growth which you can use not only for moving on from divorce, but for any challenging situation or relationship. The lessons are for life!
7 one-to-one coaching sessions
Weekly resources and tasks to work on in between sessions, which are designed to help you reflect on and support your healing and growth.
Direct contact with me via email throughout the length of the programme, to help when you get stuck or to share your wins and breakthroughs - I'll be rooting for you!
Will it work for me?
The Moving On Mindset programme is based on a combination of the processes I used to change my life after my own divorce and techniques I use in my therapy work with clients. These may include:
- positive goal-setting
- EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique (also known as tapping!)
- CBT techniques
- positive psychology
- creating positive beliefs
- decluttering and releasing emotions and physical blocks
- identifying and challenging limiting beliefs
- building self-esteem
- working with your inner knowing/intuition
- recognising and changing past patterns
I am committed to seeing you shine! Nothing makes me happier than to see a client recognising their worth and potential after a painful break-up. But, as with any personal development programme, the more you put in, the more you get out!
To make a difference you will need a willingness to believe change can happen and an openness to see things in a different way. If you do, I would love to support you to transform how you feel about your divorce and your life.
Is it right for me?
Not everyone will be ready for the Moving On Mindset programme and that's ok!
It's right for you if:
- You've reached some form of acceptance that your relationship is over but you still feel stuck emotionally
- You've tried different support methods to feel better but nothing is quite getting you out of that rut
- You've allowed yourself to acknowledge and express some of your grief around your divorce
- You know you want to feel better but issues around self-esteem or confidence are holding you back
- You know there's a future life out there but you don't know what you want or how to get it
- You want to take responsibility for how the next chapter of your life turns out
- You're willing and ready to shift your mindset around your divorce
It's not right for you if:
- You are still deeply grieving and you just need counselling to understand or express how you feel
- You want a solution to win back your ex
- You believe your happiness is only dependent on your current situation or changing how your ex behaves
- You aren't willing to look at yourself and how you can change to make your life better
Why work with me?
Hello, I'm Marissa Walter and I am passionate about supporting you to move through this painful stressful time, to live your best life!
I'm a qualified counsellor and have been working with clients for the last 3 years, specialising in relationship issues with individuals and couples. I give you warm and empathic support while lovingly pushing you to achieve your goal.
I help clients to really think in new ways and challenge how they see things in order to bring change. One of my most frequent pieces of feedback in sessions is: "that's a really good question!"
Since 2011, following my divorce I have been writing on the subject of transformation after break -up. You can read all my supportive and encouraging words on my blog. I've also been published on Tiny Buddha, Thrive Global, The Counselling Directory, and am featured in the 2015 book "Tiny Buddha's 365 Tiny Love Challenges".
In 2017 I published my own book "Break Up and Shine: The End Of Your Relationship Is The Making Of You". In it, I shared the process which took me from a place of pain and despair, into building a new, happy and purposeful life for myself. Those same processes form the basis of The Moving On Mindset, and is what makes our work together different to other divorce coaching.
In 2020 I launched the 30-day online programme "Stop Focusing On Your Ex" which teaches practical strategies to release your unhelpful, stuck break-up thinking.
I run free online support for people just like you who are looking to move on from the pain of divorce into a happier more meaningful life. Why? Because my divorce became my catalyst for a better life and I really care about helping you succeed too.
"Marissa, Wow, you just nailed my feelings exactly. I had to take a deep breath because it felt like I was saying those words. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am grateful."
"Thank you for this. Your pain has made other people’s path much easier to see and understand"
"Marissa is amazing. She knows. If you're thinking about it, just do it. It will be the right decision. Guaranteed."
"Marissa was empathic and perceptive. The way in which she reflected back to me and also contributed her own insights and perception was very helpful. Her counselling was very effective and helped me through a very difficult period. "
How The Programme Runs
There are 6 coaching sessions split into weekly themes.
Week 1: Your story and identifying where you are stuck
Week 2: Redesigning Forgiveness
Week 3: Self-love and Self-esteem
Week 4: Perspective Shifting
Week 5: Decluttering
Week 6: New Routines and Your Future Goals
Once you book onto the programme, we agree a date and time for our first session. Coaching takes place by video call, or if you are local to me in South Devon and prefer to meet in person, I would be happy to arrange suitable times at my practice location.
Each week I email you in preparation for our session, with the exercises or tasks for you to work on.
During our sessions the coaching is based on the theme for the week, exploring what has come up for you and working to make changes to help you move forward.
In between sessions you have email access to me for any queries, to ask for encouragement and to celebrate any good stuff which is happening for you.
Also included is a 1 hour follow up coaching call, which we will schedule in for 6-12 weeks after the final session.
The Moving On Mindset Coaching Programme is £555
- 6 scheduled one-to-one coaching sessions either online by video call, or in person. Sessions are a minimum of 1 hour and up to 90 mins.
- Weekly workbook resources with tasks to work on in between sessions, to support our work and help you get the most from the programme
- Email contact with me throughout the length of the programme
- An extra accountability/follow up 1 hour coaching session
I work with a limited number of clients each month to ensure that I can give you the dedicated individual support needed.
So, you've decided that it's now your time to move on, focus on you and see your post-divorce life in a new light? Then I would love to work with you in The Moving On Mindset Coaching Programme.